Goffman's Social Theory by Ann Branaman.
Part I: The Production of Self:.
1. Self Claims On Cooling the Mark Out: Some Aspects of Adaptation to Failure.
2. Self-Presentation The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life.
3. The Self as Ritual Object The Nature of Deference and Demeanor.
4. The Self and Social Roles Role Distance.
Part II: The Nature of Social Life:.
5. Social Life as Drama The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life.
6. Social Life as Ritual On Face-Work The Structure and Function of Situational Properties Supportive and Remedial Interchanges.
7. Social Life as Game Fun in Games Where the Action Is Strategic Interaction.
Part III: The Confined Self: .
8. Status, Territory, and the Self Territories of the Self.
9. The Mortified Self On the Characteristics of Total Institutions The Moral Career of the Mental Patient.
10. The Stigmatized Self Stigma.
11. The Recalcitrant Self The Underlife of a Public Institution.
Part IV: Frames and the Organization of Experience:.
12. Frame Analysis Frame Analysis.
13. Frame Analysis of Talk Felicitys Condition.
14. The Frame Analysis of Gender The Arrangement Between the Sexes Gender Displays.
15. Social Interaction and Social Structure. The Neglected Situation. The Interaction Order.
Bibliography: Erving Goffmans Writings.
Bibliography: Secondary Literature.