European Integration Theory / Edition 2 available in Paperback
With coverage of both traditional and critical theories and approaches to European integration and their application, this is the most comprehensive textbook on European integration theory and an essential guide for all students and scholars interested in the subject. Throughout the text, a team of leading international scholars demonstrate the current relevance of integration theory as they apply these approaches to real-world developments and crises in the contemporary European Union.
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.70(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Antje Wiener, University of Hamburg,Tanja A. Borzel, Free University Berlin,Thomas Risse, Free University Berlin
Antje Wiener is Professor of Political Science and Global Governance at the University of Hamburg and Visiting Fellow as Wolfson College, Cambridge.
Tanja A. Borzel is Jean Monnet Chair and Director of the Centre for European Integration at the Free University of Berlin.
Thomas Risse is Professor of International Relations at the Free University of Berlin.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing the Mosaic of Integration Theory, Thomas Diez and Antje Wiener
Part One: Explaining European Integration
2. Federalism and European Integration, R. Daniel Kelemen
3. Neofunctionalism, Arne Niemann, Zoe Lefkofridi, and Philippe C. Schmitter
4. Liberal Intergovernmentalism, Andrew Moravcsik and Frank Schimmelfennig
Part Two: Analysing European Governance
5. Governance Approaches to European Integration, Tanja A. Borzel
6. Rational Choice and Historical Institutionalism, Mark A. Pollack
7. Social Constructivism and European Integration, Thomas Risse
Part Three: Constructing the European Union
8. Discourse and European Integration, Ruth Wodak
9. European Integration and Gender, Yvonne Galligan
10. Critical Political Economy, Bastiaan van Apeldoorn and Laura Horn
11. Normative Political Theory and the European Union, Richard Bellamy and Joseph Lacey
12. A Litmus Tests for European Integration Theories: Explaining Crises and Traveling Beyond Europe, Tanja A. Borzel and Thomas Risse
13. Taking Stock of Integration Theory, Antje Wiener