Accessible and engaging, this unique book offers strategies for critical and creative thinking and includes many opportunities for practicing these skills. This book is a comprehensive guide to critical and creative thinking that also shows readers how to persuade others. By introducing readers to the principals and techniques of creative thinking and how to evaluate their own ideas and the ideas of others, The Art of Thinking, 6/e presents readers with a step-by-step process for problem solving. For anyone interested in exploring critical and creative thinking.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
To the Instructor.
1. Developing Your Thinking: An Overview
I. BE AWARE.
2. Establish a Foundation.
3. Broaden Your Perspective.
4. Be a Critical Reader.
II. BE CREATIVE.
5. The Creative Process.
6. Search for Challenges.
7. Express the Problem or Issue.
8. Investigate The Problem or Issue.
9. Produce Ideas.
III. BE CRITICAL.
10. The Role of Criticism.
11. Refine Your Solution to the Problem.
12. Evaluate Your Argument on the Issue.
13. Refine Your Resolution of the Issue.
IV. COMMUNICATE YOUR IDEAS.
14. Anticipate Negative Reactions.
15. Build a Persuasive Case.
Appendix A: A guide To Composition.
Appendix B: A Guide to Formal Speaking, Conversation, and Group Discussion.
Appendix C: The Fundamentals of Logic.
Solutions to Sample Problems.