HTML5 Multimedia: Develop and Designby Ian Devlin
One of the most exciting and talked about aspects of the HTML5 specification is the introduction of in-browser multimedia. Websites no longer have to rely on a third-party tool such as Flash or Silverlight to play video and audio. This book is an easy, approachable guide to building native HTML5 multimedia into a website, from the simplest addition to more advanced features. It's written in a simple, straightforward style that's not too techy, yet advanced enough for the more experienced coder who just needs to get up to speed on these powerful new capabilities. The book's companion website provides all the examples in a working format for easy access and enhanced visualization for the reader.
- Using Audio: How to add audio to web documents using the HTML5 audio element.
- Using Video: How to add video to web documents using the HTML5 video element.
- Styling Media Elements with CSS: Shows how HTML5 media elements can be styled with CSS2.1 and CSS3.
- Using Video with SVG: Shows how SVG and HTML5 video can work together.
- Using Video with Canvas: Introduces the HTML5 canvas element and shows how HTML5 video and canvas can work together.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews