- Introducing the Android Computing Platform
- Setting up Your Development Environment
- Understanding Resources
- Understanding Content Providers
- Understanding Intents
- Building User Interfaces and Using Controls
- Adding Menus
- Dialogs: Regular and Fragment
- Action Bar
- Advanced Debugging and Analysis
- Responding to Configuration Changes
- Working with Preferences and Saving State
- Security and Permissions
- Working with Services
- Exploring Packages, Processes, and Library Projects
- Exploring Processes, Components, Threads, and Handlers
- Advanced Async Task
- Exploring Broadcast Receivers and Long Running Services
- Exploring the Alarm Manager
- Unveiling 2D Animation
- Exploring Maps and Location Services
- Using the Telephony APIs
- Understanding the Media Frameworks
- Home Screen Widgets
- Home Screen List Widgets
- Android Search User Experience
- Drag and Drop
- Using Sensors
- Understanding the Contacts API
- Deploying your Application: Android Market and Beyond
Pro Android 4 / Edition 4by Satya Komatineni
Pub. Date: 03/05/2012
This Android 4book updates the best selling Pro Android 3 and covers everything from the fundamentals of building apps/em>/em>
Pro Android 4 shows you how to build real-world and fun mobile apps using the new Android SDK4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which unifies Gingerbread for smartphones, Honeycomb for tablets and augments further with Google TV and more.
This Android 4book updates the best selling Pro Android 3 and covers everything from the fundamentals of building apps for embedded devices, smartphones, and tablets to advanced concepts such as custom 3D components, multi-tasking, sensors/augmented reality, better accessories support and much more.
- Using the tutorials and expert advice, you'll quickly be able to build cool mobile apps and run them on dozens of Android-based smartphones.
- You'll explore and use the Android APIs, including those for media and sensors.
- And you'll check out what's new with Android 4, including the improveduser interfaceacross all Android platforms, integration with services, and more.
After reading this definitive tutorial and reference, you gain the knowledge and experience to create stunning, cutting-edge Android 4 apps that can make you money, while keeping you agile enough to respond to changes in the future.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews