Leadership in Organizations / Edition 6by Gary A. Yukl, ITT
Pub. Date: 05/24/2006
Publisher: Pearson Learning Solutions
The most comprehensive survey of major theories and research on leadership and managerial effectiveness in organizations with practical suggestions for improving skills. Balancing theory and research with applications, the book addresses controversies and differing viewpoints about leadership effectiveness with a focus on the question of what makes a person an effective leader. Covering charismatic and transformational leadership as well as influence processes, it asks readers to identify effective and ineffective behavior by managers and to suggest ways to handle the situation. The fourth edition of Leadership in Organizations has been revised to reflect the progress that has been made in understanding leadership since the first edition. It provides more guidelines and recommendations for improving effectiveness without prescribing how a manager must behave. And, it covers "hot" topics, such as charismatic and transformational leadership, influence processes, leading teams, and leading change. An essential reference on management and leadership for every professional manager.
- Pearson Learning Solutions
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 9.50(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
2. The Nature of Managerial Work.
3. Perspectives on Effective Leadership Behavior.
4. Specific Behaviors for Managing the Work.
5. Specific Behaviors for Managing Relationships.
6. Participative Leadership and Delegation.
7. Dyadic and Follower-Based Models of Leadership.
8. Sources of Power and Influence.
9. Influence Processes and Managerial Effectiveness.
10. Managerial Traits and Skills.
11. Contingency Theories of Effective Leadership.
12. Charismatic Leadership.
13. Transformational and Cultural Leadership.
14. Leadership in Teams and Self-Managed Groups.
15. Leading Meetings.
16. Strategic Leadership by Top Executives.
17. Leading Change in Organizations.
18. Developing Effective Leaders.
19. Overview and Integration.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews