Wetlands / Edition 3by William J. Mitsch, James G. Gosselink
Pub. Date: 01/28/2000
The book every wetland professional needs, now completely revised and updated. In many respects, this Third Edition of Wetlands is an entirely new book. While the authoritative coverage of its earlier editions has been retained, an enormous body of new material has been added, and every chapter has been revised to keep pace with rapid growth in scientific knowledge and important innovations in wetland ecology and management. Now in a larger, easier-to-read format, this wetland "bible" offers expanded coverage of everything from the role of crabs in mangrove swamps to the role of wetlands in global climate change. Important features of this new edition include:
- A greater emphasis (and a new chapter) on wetlands of the world
- Expanded coverage of Canadian wetlands
- A new chapter on wetland laws and protection
- Improved, easy-to-read illustrations, many of them covering new material
- New chapters on wetland creation and restoration, and treatment wetlands
- New information and expanded coverage in every chapter
- The latest information on gaseous emissions from wetlands
- Updated theories and classifications of salt marshes, peatlands, forested swamps, and riparian ecosystems.
Table of Contents
Definitions of Wetlands.
Wetlands of the World.
Wetlands of North America.
THE WETLAND ENVIRONMENT.
Biological Adaptations to the Wetland Environment.
Wetland Ecosystem Development.
COASTAL WETLAND ECOSYSTEMS.
Tidal Salt Marshes.
Tidal Freshwater Marshes.
INLAND WETLAND ECOSYSTEMS.
Values and Valuation of Wetlands.
Human Impacts and Management of Wetlands.
Wetland Laws and Protection.
Wetland Creation and Restoration.
Classification, Inventory, and Delineation of Wetlands.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews