Study Guide for Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach / Edition 8 available in Paperback
Corresponding to the chapters in McCuistion’s Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 9th Edition, this hands-on study guide offers engaging activities to help you review and remember essential nursing pharmacology. Exercises include study questions, case studies, and NCLEX® Examination–style review questions. This new edition also features additional alternate item format questions including multiple response, fill-in-the-blank calculations, and ordered response questions. It’s an essential tool in helping you apply your knowledge of pharmacology to clinical practice, develop pharmacology-related clinical reasoning skills, and master safe drug administration.
• Detailed case studies enhance users’ understanding of nursing responsibilities in therapeutic pharmacology.
• Drug calculations chapter follows the outline of the main-text chapter to help users test their knowledge and skill in drug dosage calculation.
• Focus on safety includes a special icon that calls attention to questions related to safe patient care.
• Sample drug labels have been updated using the new drug labels from the main text.
• Answers for all exercises are provided at the back of the book to facilitate self-study. Rationales are also included for all application-level questions and case study questions.
• NEW! Updated content reflects the latest content that is in the textbook.
• NEW! Expanded NCLEX focus features additional alternate item format NCLEX-style questions in addition to the existing application-level and alternate-item questions.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Study Guid|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.70(d)|
Table of Contents
UNIT ONE: Introduction to Pharmacology 1.Drug Development and Ethical Considerations 2.Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Pharmacogenetics 3.Cultural Considerations 4.Complementary and Alternative Therapies 5.Pediatric Considerations 6.Geriatric Considerations 7.Drugs in Substance Use Disorder
UNIT TWO: Pharmacotherapy and Drug Administration 8.The Nursing Process and Patient-Centered Care 9.Safety and Quality 10.Drug Administration 11.Drug Calculations
UNIT THREE: Maintenance of Homeostasis 12.Fluid Volume and Electrolytes 13.Vitamin and Mineral Replacement 14.Nutritional Support
UNIT FOUR: Autonomic Nervous System Drugs 15.Adrenergic Agonists and Antagonists 16.Cholinergic Agonists and Antagonists
UNIT FIVE: Central and Peripheral Nervous System Drugs 17.Stimulants 18.Depressants 19.Antiseizure Drugs 20.Drugs for Parkinsonism and Alzheimer’s Disease 21.Drugs for Neuromuscular Disorders and Muscle Spasms UNIT SIX: Mental and Behavioral Health Drugs 22.Antipsychotics and Anxiolytics 23.Antidepressants and Mood Stabilizers
UNIT SEVEN: Pain and Inflammation Management Drugs 24.Antiinflammatories 25.Analgesics
UNIT EIGHT: Antimicrobial Drugs 26.Antibacterials 27.Antituberculars, Antifungals, and Antivirals 28.Peptides, Antimalarials, and Anthelmintics
UNIT NINE: Immunologic Drugs 29.HIV- and AIDS-Related Drugs 30.Transplant Drugs 31.Vaccines
UNIT TEN: Antineoplastics and Biologic Response Modifiers 32.Anticancer Drugs 33.Targeted Therapies to Treat Cancer 34.Biologic Response Modifiers
UNIT ELEVEN: Respiratory Drugs 35.Upper Respiratory Disorders 36.Lower Respiratory Disorders
UNIT TWELVE: Cardiovascular Drugs 37.Cardiac Glycosides, Antianginals, and Antidysrhythmics 38.Diuretics 39.Antihypertensives 40.Anticoagulants, Antiplatelets, and Thrombolytics 41.Antihyperlipidemics and Peripheral Vasodilators
UNIT THIRTEEN: Gastrointestinal Drugs 42. Gastrointestinal Tract Disorders 43. Antiulcer Drugs
UNIT FOURTEEN: Eye, Ear, and Skin Drugs 44. Eye and Ear Disorders 45. Dermatologic Disorders
UNIT FIFTEEN: Endocrine Drugs 46. Pituitary, Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Adrenal Disorders 47. Antidiabetics
UNIT SIXTEEN: Renal and Urologic Drugs 48. Urinary Disorders
UNIT SEVENTEEN: Reproductive and Gender-Related Drugs 49. Pregnancy and Preterm Labor 50. Labor, Delivery, and Postpartum 51. Neonatal and Newborn 52. Women’s Reproductive Health 53. Men’s Reproductive Health 54. Sexually Transmitted Infections
UNIT EIGHTEEN: Emergency Drugs 55. Adult and Pediatric Emergency Drugs