Issues in Internet Law: Society, Technology, and the Law, 10th Ed. / Edition 10 available in Paperback
Privacy: Invasion of Privacy, Public Records, Workplace Privacy, Employer & ISP Monitoring, Data Collection, Data Retention, Data Breaches, the Right to be Forgotten; E-Mail & Chat Room Privacy, Web Site Privacy Policies, Behavioral Marketing, Flash Cookies, Device Fingerprinting, Privacy & Children, Metadata, Border Searches, FISA & the USA PATRIOT Act, the NSA, FISA Court, PRISM, XKeyscore;
Free Speech Defamation, SLAPPs, Gripe Sites, Revenge Porn Sites, Mugshot Sites, Blogs & Vlogs, Obscenity & Pornography, Harassment & Hate Speech, Prior Restraint, Repression, Student Speech, CDA, Anonymous Speech, Commercial Speech, Expressive Conduct;
Social Media: Misuse, Ownership, Coerced Access, the Courts;
Cybercrimes: Spam, Phishing, Identity Theft, Spyware & Malware, Cyberstalking, Cyberbullying, Computer Trespass, Wardriving, Virtual Crime;
Intellectual Property: Copyright, Trademark, Patent, Trade Secrets, Creative Commons, Linking, Framing, File-Sharing, Fair Use, Public Domain, Work-Made-For-Hire, DMCA, VARA, Domain Name Disputes, Keyword Advertising, America Invents Act;
Business & the Internet: Internet Taxation, Internet Interstate Commerce, Web Contracts, e-Discovery, Corporate Securities, Crowdfunding, Reg A, Reg D;
Also: Cloud Computing; Digital Currency; Right of Publicity; Web Accessibility; Net Neutrality; Online Reputation Management; Social Media Monitoring; Podcasts; Geofiltering; Digital Journalism; Hyper Local Web Sites, Digital Estate Planning; Sexting; E-Books and many more subjects.
Concisely written and covering a broad range of topics, this is the most current book of its kind!
* "Concise overview of Internet-related legal issues." (Law Library Journal)
* "Although it deals with the complex legal issues surrounding the Internet, it is written in layman's terms and illustrated with 'ripped from the headlines' court cases." (Amazon)
* "The concepts and issues are presented in a way that is sufficiently rigorous but very easy to read, making the book one I can recommend." (Computing Reviews) * "A valuable resource, well-researched and well presented."
* "I want a copy on my bookshelf always within arm's reach."
* "The anecdotal nature made it easy to understand the underlying legal concepts."
* "It is imperative that schools adopt this book in a way which would help young students gain knowledge about the various issues involving the Internet." (Indian Journal of Intellectual Property Law)
* "Issues in Internet Law: Society, Technology, and the Law will be a welcome addition in both academic and public law libraries... It should be acquired by libraries for its concise overview of Internet-related legal issues." (Law Library Journal)