|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||38 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Part I: Perspectives on Dura-Europos
1. The Big Picture
2. Project Context: Dura Research, Past and Present
3. Developing a New Perspective on Dura's Military Base
4. Zooming In: Rome, the Middle Euphrates, and Dura
Part II: The Base Portrayed
5. The Plateau Zone West of G St
6. The Plateau Zone E of G St
7. The Wadi Zone: Campus, Citadel & C3 Bath
8. Military Presence Around and Beyond the Base Area
Part III: A New Picture of Garrison, Base and City
9. Who Lived and Worked in the Base?
10. What and Where? Revised Overview of Base Extent
11. When? New Outline of Development and Chronology
12. Why Was the Base Where it Was, and As it Was?
13. How Did the Base Work?
14. Impact of Garrison and Base on the City
15. Conclusion: Chiaroscuro
16. Epilogue and Prospect: The Second Destruction of Dura-Europos