- Get it by Monday, September 25 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Little-known facts, statistics, stories, quotes, nicknames, all-time leaders, rosters, puzzles, and more from over one hundred years of Red Sox history
The Boston Red Sox were originally named the Pilgrimsbut for over one hundred years they have always been Beantown's favorite team, with a history that has been celebrated and mourned by generations of fans.
If you love the Red Sox, you'll find hours of challenging trivia in this book. Packed with text and information, it includes: *A history of the Red Sox from their origins to the present
• Trvia questions designed to test your baseball memory
• Corssword puzzles, word games, unusual quotes, funny nicknames, and anecdotes about the Sox *Complete all-time Red Sox roster of players, with stats
• Comprehensive leader tables for batters and pitchers *Award winners, Hall of Famers, and other honors *And much more!
Do You Know...
- Who was the first pitcher to throw a perfect game in the twentieth century?
- Who decided to turn Babe Ruth into an outfielder?
- What was Ted Williams's batting average with one day left in the 1941 season: .406, .399, .3996, or .4001? What happened on that day?
- How many batting titles did Carl Yastrzemski win in his career?
- Which team Roger Clemens's had 20 strikeouts against in a 1986 game?
Bring this book to Fenway, or keep it next to your favorite armchair at home, to liven up commercial breaks and rain delays. In no time you'll be an expert on Red Sox trivia!
|Publisher:||St. Martin's Press|
|Edition description:||Third Edition, Revised, Includes the 2004 Championship Season!|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.64(d)|
About the Author
David S. Neft, Michael L. Neft, Bob Carroll, and Richard M. Cohen are four of baseball's most respected historians. David S. Neft, Michael Neft and Richard Cohen are also the authors of the Sports Encyclopedia: Baseball series.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews