With Boutique Knits, you can make your very own knockout accessories. If you love showing your personal style with the “it” handbag, funky scarf, or the hat that makes heads turn, then this book is for you.
Author Laura Irwin designs knitted accessories for the trendsetting indie designer fashion boutique Seaplane in Portland, Oregon, and is particularly known for her felted hats and stylish bags. In Boutique Knits, Laura presents designs for knitted accessories that stand out from the crowd.
Boutique Knits includes:
- Patterns that cover a variety of knitting techniques in varying degrees, including felting, intarsia, Fair Isle, lacework, and cables
- Advice on incorporating non-knitting tools and techniques to transform your knitting to achieve that one-of-a-kind boutique feel: pliers, hammers, a sewing machine, use of millinery techniques, and handsewing techniques.
- Unique adornment inspiration, such as buckles and bolts borrowed from leatherwork close an intricately cabled belt, a chain handle finishes a felted bag with circle pockets, leather lacing dresses up a knitted bag, and grommets finish a half-felted handbag.
- Inspiration from vintage lace, beads, ribbon, and fabric-covered buttons!
- Knitting and felting techniques to create effects like ruffles, shibori-style pleats, and clever shaping.
- And more!
This collection of modern, stylish patterns will inspire beginning and intermediate knitters with its uncommon techniques and materials. Transform your knitting with Boutique Knits!
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||20 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Laura Irwin has had a handknit ready-to-wear line for five years and is a featured designer at Seaplane, an independent designer boutique in Portland, Oregon. In January 2007, she was featured on HGTV's That's Clever, and she has had projects featured in Knitscene and Interweave Knits. She lives in Portland, Oregon.