Guzzle goulash in courtyard restaurants, wallow warmly in thermal baths and browse bustling market halls; join the authors on city-center strolls and leafy hill walks, before donning your glad rags for a night on the tiles.
This guide features:
· Hotels, restaurants, cafés, bars and clubs
· All the culture, from museums to the opera
· All the nature, from caves to walking trails
· Thermal baths and bathing etiquette
· Flea markets and market halls
· Color city and transport maps
About the Author
Adrian Phillips is the senior editor at Bradt Travel Guides, and first visited Hungary during the 1990s. Jo Scotchmer has contributed to a number of national magazines in her capacity as a freelance journalist. They both recently spent five months exploring Hungary's nooks and crannies.
Table of Contents
(1) Contexts (2) Planning (3) Practicalities (4) Local Transport (5) Accommodation (6) Eating and Drinking (7) Entertainment and Nightlife (8) Shopping (9) Baths and Sport (10) Discovering Buda (11) Discovering Pest and the Islands (12) Museums and More (13) Natural Budapest (14) Beyond the City (15) Language (16) Further Information