Exercising your brain is just as important as working out. If you don't exercise your brain, it will atrophy, at least the part your not using. 'Use it or lose it' is as true of our mental faculties as it is of our physical abilities. Fortunately, most of us do get plenty of stimulation in our daily lives, jobs, leisure activities and relationships. The problem is that our brain stimulation is often not very balanced, and that imbalance can affect your sense of well-being. This book provides exercises for all the major brain functions at several different levels.
Inside you will be able to: test your brain fitness level, develop right brain association and creative ability, and improve your logic and numbers skills using left-brain workouts invented by scientists.
|Publisher:||M. Evans & Company|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.69(d)|
Table of Contents
1. What's True; What's Not
2. Evaluating Your Brain Fitness
3. The Unfamiliar: How to Make a Habit of It
4. The Artistic YouWaking Up Those Right-Brain Lobes!
5. Left-Brain ExerciseLogic is Not a Four-Letter Word
6. An Equal Partnership Makes for Creative Thinking
7. Visualization: The Key to Realization
8. Exercising Your Memory Systems
9. Daydreaming: The Key to Success
10. Brain Stretches
11. A Brain Exercise for the Couch Potato
12. How the Pros Exercise Their Brains
13. Learning is Exercise
14. The Games We PlayHow to Get More Out of Them
15. Exercising the Brain's Dream and Hypnotic States
16. Brain Rest and a Final Word on Introspection