Want it by Wednesday, October 24?
Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
Want a new job or career? Need to demonstrate more value to customers or employers? Use today’s hottest social media platforms to build the powerful personal brand that gets you what you want! In this completely updated book, Erik Deckers and Kyle Lacy help you use social media to and networking to advance your career, grow your business, and land new job opportunities. From LinkedIn to Facebook, now including Instagram and SnapChat, this book is packed with new techniques and ideas that are practical, easy, and effective. Deckers and Lacy show you how to supercharge all your business and personal relationships…demonstrate that you are the best solution to employers’ or partners’ toughest problems…become a recognized thought leader…and turn your online network into outstanding jobs, great projects, and a fulfilling, profitable career!
Discover how to:
- Choose today’s best social media tools for your personal goals
- Build an authentic storyline and online identity that gets you the right opportunities
- Make the most of Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter–and leverage new platforms like Snapchat and Instagram
- Build connections and prove expertise by sharing video on YouTube and Vimeo
- Find yourself on search engines and then optimize your personal online presence
- Promote your events, accomplishments, victories…and even defeats and lessons learned
- Integrate online and offline networking to get more from both
- Reach people with hiring authority and budgets on LinkedIn
- Use Twitter to share the ideas and passions that make you uniquely valuable
- Avoid “killer” social networking mistakes
- Leverage your online expert status to become a published author or public speaker
- Measure the success of your social media branding
- Get new projects or jobs through your online friends and followers
About the Author
Erik Deckers is the co-owner and vice president of creative services of Professional Blog Service, a ghost blogging and social media agency. He has been blogging since 1997 and speaks widely on social media topics. He is also a newspaper columnist and award-winning playwright. Erik coauthored No Bullshit Social Media: The All- Business, No-Hype Guide to Social Media Marketing with Jason Falls.
Kyle Lacy is a principal of Marketing Research and Education for ExactTarget, a leading global provider of interactive marketing solutions. He has an in-depth understanding of the application of social and interactive media for both small and large businesses and regularly speaks on topics ranging from social media adoption to interactive marketing trends across email, mobile, and social media. Kyle has been recognized as one of Indiana’s 40-under-40 by the Indianapolis Business Journal, Anderson University’s Young Alumni of the Year, and TechPoint’s Young Professional of the Year. Learn more about Kyle at KyleLacy.com.
Deckers and Lacy coauthored the first edition of Branding Yourself.
Table of Contents
I Why Should I Care About Self-Promotion?
1 Welcome to the Party
2 How Do You Fit in the Mix?
II Your Network Is Your Castle—Build It
3 Blogging: Telling Your Story
4 LinkedIn: Networking on Steroids
5 Twitter: Sharing in the Conversation
6 Facebook: Developing a Community of Friends
7 Sharing Photos & Videos
8 Other Social Tools
9 Finding Yourself on Search Engines
10 Measuring Success: You Like Me, You Really Like Me!
11 Bringing It All Together: Launching Your Brand
III Promoting Your Brand in the Real World
12 How to Network: Hello,My Name Is...
13 Public Speaking: We Promise You Won’t Die
14 Getting Published: I’m an Author!
15 Personal Branding: Using What You’ve Learned to Land Your Dream Job