Dr. Braunwald's masterwork returns ... bringing you the definitive guidance you need to overcome any challenge in clinical cardiology today, using the best approaches available! Hundreds of world authorities, many of them new to this edition, synthesize all of the recent developments that are revolutionizing practice - from the newest findings in molecular biology and genetics to the latest imaging modalities, interventional procedures, and medications. This multimedia e-dition includes not only the printed reference, but also access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, with regular updates and much more. The expertise of the contributors, the scope of the coverage, and the versatile, multimedia format all make this the ultimate reference for the practicing cardiologist.
• Locate the answers you need fast, thanks to a user-friendly, full-color design, complete with more than 1,500 color illustrations.
• Glean clinically actionable information quickly with Clinical Practice Points in every chapter.
• Incorporate all of the text's illustrations into your own PowerPoint® presentations with the bonus CD-ROM.
• Access the complete contents of the book online, fully searchable, plus regular updates to reflect the up-to-the-minute clinical developments. · Plus, Focused Reviews -Commentaries - Late-Breaking Trials - and much more!
• Apply the latest knowledge in your field with 7 new chapters: ·Acute Heart Failure ·Device Therapy of Heart Failure ·Emerging Therapies for Heart Failure ·Complementary and Alternative Approaches to Management ·Prevention and Management of Stroke ·Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy ·Coronary Arteriography Guidelines
• Gain fresh perspectives on your practice with contributions from more than 20 brand-new authors.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||9.20(w) x 11.50(h) x 2.80(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Peter Libby is a cardiovascular medicine specialist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) and the Mallinckrodt Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School (HMS). Dr. Libby received his medical degree from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in cardiovascular disease at Peter Bent Brigham Hospital (now BWH). He also completed a research fellowship in cellular physiology at HMS. Dr. Libby is board certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease. The author of over 370 peer-reviewed publications, Dr. Libby's clinical and research interests include vascular biology, atherosclerosis and preventative cardiology. The research laboratory that Dr. Libby directs studies the messengers created by the body that may produce arterial plaque and blockages, as well as normal and abnormal function of smooth muscle and endothelial cells. Boston Magazine named Dr. Libby a top cardiologist. His research has received funding from the American Heart Association and National Institutes of Health. Dr. Libby has received research recognitions on four continents including the highest basic research awards from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology, the Gold Medal of the European Society of Cardiology, and the Anitchkow award from the European Atherosclerosis Society.