Breastfeeding is a comprehensive reference that provides basic science information as well as practical applications. Dr. Ruth Lawrencea pioneer in the field of human lactationcovers the uses of certain drugs in lactating women, infectious diseases related to lactation, the latest Australian research on anatomy and physiology, and much more…in print and online.
• Provide thoughtful guidance to the breastfeeding mother according to her circumstances, problems, and lifestyle from integrated coverage of evidence-based data and practical experience.
• Make appropriate drug recommendations, including approved medications, over-the-counter medications, and herbal remedies.
• Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
• Treat conditions associated with breastfeedingsuch as sore nipples, burning pain, or hivesusing extensive evidence-based information.
• Apply the latest understanding of anatomy and physiology through coverage of recent Australian CT and MR studies of the breast and its function.
• Stay current on new research on infectious diseases germane to lactation and new antibiotics, antivirals, and immunizations available for use during lactation.
• Effectively manage the use of medications during lactation thanks to an updated discussion of this difficult subject.
The latest research on breastfeeding and evidence-based solutions for treating associated medical problems from the authority in the field, Dr. Ruth Lawrence
Most Helpful Customer Reviews