- Stay informed on every aspect of breastfeeding, from basic data on the anatomical, physiological, biochemical, nutritional, immunological, and psychological aspects of human lactation, to the problems of clinical management of breastfeeding.
- Learn from the award-winning author and co-founder of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, Dr. Ruth Lawrence, and her son, Dr. Rob Lawrence.
- Make appropriate drug recommendations, including approved medications, over-the-counter medications, and herbal remedies.
- Provide thoughtful guidance to the breastfeeding mother according to her circumstances, problems, and lifestyle from integrated coverage of evidence-based data and practical experience.
- Find what you need quickly with a new, streamlined approach.
- Treat conditions associated with breastfeeding and effectively manage the use of medications during lactation thanks to extensive, up-to-date, evidence-based information.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||46 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
Table of Contents
For more than 35 years, Dr. Ruth Lawrence’s landmark reference has been the definitive guide to breastfeeding for the medical profession. The 8th Edition continues to bring together evidence-based clinical information on all aspects of breastfeeding, from the basic science of human lactation to issues of clinical management. Comprehensive, easy to read, and clinically relevant, it provides the most up-to-date information for physicians regarding breastfeeding, issues surrounding breastfeeding, and care of the lactating woman.