Soon the day Green Bay Packer fans dread most will arrive, and Brett Favre will retire. Fans nationwide will be left with warm memories of his long and storied career, and he will be remembered as one of the best NFL quarterbacks of all time.
This revised and expanded edition of Brett Favre: A Packer Fan's Tribute contains everything from the first edition and more. Chapters are devoted to the distinctive aspects of his play that returned the Packers to glory in 1996 with their twelfth World Championship and third Super Bowl victory. Topics include:
- The Streak: His incomparable record of 237 consecutive games at quarterback, a streak nearly twice as long as the previous record.
- Cold: The boy from the South won 90 percent of the time at Lambeau Field when the temperature at kickoff was 34 degrees or below.
- MVP: Favre is the only player in NFL history to be named Most Valuable Player three times-and he did it in three consecutive seasons.
- Super Bowl: Favre led the Packers to back-to-back Super Bowl appearances, including the team's first Super Bowl victory in twenty-nine years.
- Comebacks: Fans always knew that no matter how little time was left in the game or how much distance the Packers needed to go to score, Favre could pull out a win.
- Rivals: Under Favre, the Packers won 75 percent of their games against their arch nemesis Chicago Bears in the NFL's oldest rivalry.
- Fan Tributes: Dozens of fans share their favorite memories and offer their heartfelt words of appreciation to No. 4.
Brett Favre is one of the most popular athletes in America, in all sports,and his jersey is the sixth all-time bestseller in league history, according to NFL.com. This revised and expanded edition of Brett Favre: A Packer Fan's Tribute is a fitting salute to an American sports hero.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.10(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author