Brief Introduction to Fluid Mechanics, 3e with CD - Paperback Version / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Concise and focused-these are the two guiding principles of Young, Munson, and Okiishi's Third Edition of A Brief Introduction to Fluid Mechanics.
The authors clearly present basic analysis techniques and address practical concerns and applications, such as pipe flow, open-channel flow, flow measurement, and drag and lift. Homework problems in every chapter-including open-ended problems, problems based on the CD-ROM videos, laboratory problems, and computer problems-emphasize the practical application of principles. More than 100 worked examples provide detailed solutions to a variety of problems.
The Third Edition offers several new features and enhancements, including:
- A variety of new simple figures in the margins that will help you visualize the concepts described in the text.
- Chapter Summary and Study Guide sections at the end of each chapter that will help you assess your understanding of the material.
- Simplified presentation of the Reynolds transport theorem.
- New homework problems added to every chapter.
- Highlighted key works in each chapter.
- 75 short video segments that illustrate various aspects of fluid mechanics
- 30 extended laboratory-type problems
- Actual experimental data for simple experiments in an Excel format
- 168 review problems.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.48(w) x 9.29(h) x 0.87(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Fluid Statics
3. Elementary Fluid DynamicsThe Bernoulli Equation
4. Fluid Kinematics
5. Finite Control Volume Analysis
6. Differential Analysis of Fluid Flow
7. Similitude, Dimensional Analysis, and Modeling
8. Viscous Flow in Pipes
9. Flow Over Immersed Bodies
10. Open-Channel Flow
Appendix A: Unit Conversion Tables
Appendix B: Physical Properties of Fluids
Appendix C: Properties of the U.S. Standard Atmosphere
Appendix D: Reynolds Transport Theorem