This book presents a comprehensive look at the issues related to the commercialization of intellectual property, and contains three major themes that infuse all of the concepts presented: value creation, speed, and entrepreneurship. It enables readers to understand different business models and processes from mainstream types of businesses, and teaches them how to successfully commercialize the intellectual property they develop. The book focuses on management, marketing, product development, and operations strategies that work in a high tech environment. A four-part organization covers: The Foundations of Technology Commercialization, Intellectual Property and Valuation, Financial Strategies for Technology Start-Ups, and The Transition from R&D to Operations. For potential entrepreneurs and corporate venturers.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
I. THE FOUNDATIONS OF TECHNOLOGY COMMERCIALIZATION.
2. Recognizing and Screening Technology Opportunities.
3. Developing and Testing the Business Concept.
4. High Technology Product Development Strategies.
II. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND VALUATION.
6. Licensing Intellectual Property Rights.
7. Managing Intellectual Property Rights.
III. FINANCIAL STRATEGY FOR TECHNOLOGY START-UPS.
9. Funding the Technology Start-up.
10. Funding Growth.
IV. THE TRANSITION FROM R&D TO OPERATIONS.
12. Marketing High Technology.
13. Growing the High Tech Venture.
14. Entrepreneurial Venturing Inside a Corporation.
15. Developing a Business Plan for Sustained Innovation.