Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The British Isles Since 1945 / Edition 1 available in Paperback
"Since 1945 Great Britain has experienced the loss of the empire, economic decline and recovery, entry into Europe, evolution into a multicultural society and devolution. In this book, six distinguished historians each take a theme and set out the fundamental nature and development of each."
Table of Contents
Introduction, Kathleen Burk
1. Politics, John Turner
2. Economic growth, economic decline, Jim Tomlinson
3. Society and civil society, Jose Harris
4. Two cultures - one or many?, Peter Mandler
5. Britain and the wider world, David Reynolds
6. Ireland - between hope and history, Dermot Keogh
Conclusion, Kathleen Burk