Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Now in its 45th edition, British Qualifications is the definitive one-volume guide to every qualification on offer in the United Kingdom. With full details of all institutions and organizations involved in the provision of further and higher education, this publication is an essential reference source for careers advisors, students and employers. It also includes a comprehensive and up-to-date description of the structure of further and higher education in the UK. The book includes information on awards provided by over 350 professional institutions and accrediting bodies, details of academic universities and colleges and a full description of the current framework of academic and vocational education. It is compiled and checked annually to ensure accuracy of information.
|Publisher:||Kogan Page, Ltd|
|Edition description:||Forty-fourth Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.75(w) x 9.50(h) x 1.22(d)|
About the Author
British Qualifications is compiled and updated by Kogan Page editorial staff using details direct from the universities, professional institutes and awarding bodies to ensure that the book contains the most current, correct information available.
Table of Contents
* Section - ONE: Introduction; ** Chapter - 01: Education Reform; ** Chapter - 02: Foundation Degrees; ** Chapter - 03: Policy and Regulation; ** Chapter - 04: Quality Assurance; ** Chapter - 05: Qualification Frameworks;
• Section - TWO: Teaching Establishments; ** Chapter - 06: Further and Higher Education; ** Chapter - 07: Further and Higher Education Institutions; ** Chapter - 08: England andWales; ** Chapter - 09: Universities and HE Colleges; ** Chapter - 10: Institutions receiving funding from Higher Education;
• Section - THREE: QUALIFICATIONS; ** Chapter - 11: Introduction; ** Chapter - 12: Definition of Common Terms; ** Chapter - 13: Accrediting Regulatory Bodies; ** Chapter - 14: Validating, Examining and Awarding Bodies/Organizations;
• Section - FOUR: QUALIFICATIONS AWARDED IN UNIVERSITIES; ** Chapter - 15: Admission to Degree Courses; ** Chapter - 16: Awards; ** Chapter - 17: University listings;
• Section - FIVE: QUALIFICATIONS AWARDED BY PROFESSIONAL AND TRADE ASSOCIATIONS; ** Chapter - 18: The Functions of Professional Associations; ** Chapter - 19: Membership of Professional Associations;
• Section - SIX: BODIES ACCREDITING INDEPENDENT INSTITUTIONS; ** Chapter - 20: The British Accrediation Council for Independent; ** Chapter - 21: The British Council; ** Chapter - 22: The Open and Distance Learning Quality Council (ODLQC); ** Chapter - 23: The Council for Independent Further Education (CIFE);
• Section - SEVEN: STUDY ASSOCIATIONS AND THE ’LEARNED SOCIETIES; ** Chapter - 24: Occupational Associations; ** Chapter - 25: List of Study Associations and Learned Societies