You imagined the perfect life for your child. But mental illness had other plans.
You hate to see your child struggle and always work to solve their problems. But when those problems include addiction, self-harm, psychosis, or alcohol abuse, they need help-and so do you. You don't have to face this alone.
In Broken Open, parenting and family consultant Maureen Towns shares her journey through her teenage kids' mental illnesses to help parents find freedom in chaos. Part memoir and part guide, Broken Open shows you how to empower your children to reclaim their lives, without losing yourself in the process.
In this book, you'll discover:
- How to find the right therapy, treatment, or facility your teen actually needs for a successful recovery.
- Six steps to recognize and stop codependent parenting tendencies to put you and your family on a healthy path forward.
- Why validation is the key to stronger relationships with your children and how to build better trust.
- Nine ways to develop compassionate boundaries to honor your emotional and physical health, not your kids' behavior.
- How to use self-care strategies to prioritize your own emotions, manage anxiety, and parent with clarity.
Filled with rich true stories from a mother who fought to put her family on a sober path, Broken Open is your path back to calm. If you're losing yourself while supporting a struggling child or unsure how to help without hurting, buy Broken Open today!
|Publisher:||Maureen Towns and Associates|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.48(d)|