"A teacher is never a giver of truth—he is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for himself. A good teacher is merely a catalyst."—Bruce Lee
Within the pages of Striking Thoughts, you will find the secrets of Bruce Lee's incredible success— as an actor, martial artist, and inspiration to the world. Consisting of eight sections, Striking Thoughts covers 72 topics and 825 aphorisms—from spirituality to personal liberation and from family life to filmmaking—all of which Bruce lived by.
His ideas helped energize his life and career and made it possible for him to live a happy and assured life, overcoming challenging obstacles with seeming ease. They also inspired his family, friends, students, and colleagues to achieve success in their own lives and this personal collection will help you in your journey too.
- On First Principles—including life, existence, time, and death
- On Being Human—including the mind, happiness, fear, and dreams
- On Matters of Existence—health, love, marriage, raising children, ethics, racism, and adversity
- On Achievement—work, goals, faith, success, money, and fame
- On Art and Artists—art, filmmaking, and acting
- On Personal Liberation—conditioning, Zen Buddhism, meditation, and freedom
- On the Process of Becoming—self-actualization, self-help, self-expression, and growth
- On Ultimate (Final) Principles—Yin-yang, totality, Tao, and the truth
- Bruce Lee: The Celebrated Life of the Golden Dragon
- Bruce Lee: The Tao of Gung Fu
- Bruce Lee: Artist of Life
- Bruce Lee: Letters of the Dragon
- Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Body
- Bruce Lee: Jeet Kune Do
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
To readers familiar with taoism and zen buddhism, most of Mr. Lee's writings will seem familiar. What keeps me returning to this book is the simplicity, honesty, clarity and straight-forwardness of his writings. These are writings of a person who LIVED his life each moment, not a monk spendning his whole life in a monastery or mountain cave...hiding from the world. This book can help you deal with yourself, your anxieties and other issues, by making you analyse yourself...reading a book like this is pointless unless you analyse and examine yourself to the background of these writings.
Searching for certain truths regarding daily living is the ultimate human inquiry. How does one reach happiness and serenity? In this book the master of Kung Fu, the one and only Mr. Bruce Lee, shows us another side of himself not known by most, the educated side that studied and obtained a BS in philosophy. This inspirational man not only sought out to become master of his own physical being but also his mental, spiritual, and emotional. Fulfilling the human body and spirit in all ways we desire to achieve life's understandings. Mr. Lee's contemplation upon life's challenges is shown here in this book, and what I like about his methodology is that it offers simple suggestions. Not answers. If you were to seek out a solution for a single question in your life, you would eventually derive a similar answer to Bruce's. Save yourself the time and grief, consult The Master himself in this amazing book.
This is one of my favorite Bruce Lee books. I study Tae Kwon Do and I look up to him. This book teaches you to know yourself and be honest.
Bruce is not only inspirational but profound in his teachings! This is an excellent book for those who have come to a road block in their lives. Furthermore his philosophies can be applied to almost every aspect of life.