BTEC National Engineering / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Taylor & Francis
The second edition of this bestselling textbook ensures all the core units of the 2007 BTEC National Engineering syllabus are fully covered in a way that encourages students to explore engineering for themselves, developing the expertise and knowledge required at this level.
Unit 1 – Business Systems for Technicians Unit 2 – Communications for Technicians Unit 3 – Engineering Project Unit 4 – Mathematics for Technicians Unit 5 – Electrical and Electronic Principles Unit 6 – Mechanical Principles and Applications
The look of this new edition has been radically improved and colour has been added to make the book more accessible for students. Key points and definitions highlight the most important concepts and hundreds of activities and worked examples help put the theory in context. Questions throughout the text, with answers provided, allow students to test their knowledge as they go, while end of unit review questions are ideal for exam revision and set course work.
For lecturers a Tutor Support DVD to help with the delivery of the programme is available for purchase: BTEC National Engineering Tutor Support Material, ISBN 978-0-7506-8520-7.
A free student website is available at http://www.key2study.com/btecnat and features:
- Interactive quizzes with automatic marking and feedback
- A free comprehensive 2D CAD package for downloading
- A variety of spreadsheet tools for solving common engineering problems
- Useful engineering data summaries
- Extensive Visio symbol libraries for engineering drawing/CAD
- Drawing templates and sample drawings in industry-standard format
- Additional material to support learning activities and assignments
• Clear, full colour layout and numerous activities, worked examples and questions with answers make it easy for students to learn and revise for their exams
• Content you can trust - endorsed by Edexcel and written by two lecturers who jointly have over 40 years experience of designing and delivering engineering qualifications
• Supported with a free student website and a Tutor Support DVD for purchase
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||7.60(w) x 10.30(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Mike Tooley is a technical author and consultant. He was formerly Vice Principal at Brooklands College in Surrey, England, where he was responsible for the delivery of learning to over 10,000 Further and Higher Education students increasingly by flexible, open and on-line distance learning. Mike is the well-known author of several popular engineering and related text books, including widely adopted course texts for BTEC, GCE A-level and GCSE qualifications in Engineering. Mike's hobbies include astronomy, amateur radio, aviation, computing and electronic circuit design and construction.
Lloyd Dingle is a Chartered Engineer specialising in Aircraft Maintenance. Over the past 25 years Lloyd has held several posts in engineering training and education at various levels, formerly as the Associate Dean of Technology at Brooklands College and more recently as an engineering lecturer at Farnborough College of Technology and Project Tutor at Kingston University. Lloyd is an advocate of quality education and training for engineers and technicians and is able, in some small way, to use his experience and influence in the delivery and accreditation of engineering learning programmes, through the work he is currently involved with at BTEC and the RAeS. Lloyd has been co-author of several popular engineering textbooks for over 10 years.
Table of Contents
Business systems for technicians (Unit 1); Communications for technicians (Unit 2); Engineering project (Unit 3); Mathematics for technicians (Unit 4); Electrical and electronic principles (Unit 5); Mechanical principles and applications (Unit 6); Appendices: Units; Answers to Test Your Knowledge questions.