A total blueprint for building and managing a state-of-the-art Web commerce center
rom net.Genesis Corporation, cutting-edge pioneers in Web site and software development, comes this comprehensive guide to creating a state-of-the-art commerce center on the World Wide Web.
This book teaches Webmasters and businesses of all sizes how to use Windows NT-based. Web server software to establish a secure and sophisticated commerce site. The savvy techniques and guidelines in this book open up the exploding Web marketplace to a broad new range of businesses, small and large, by making electronic commerce manageable and affordable.
Build a World Wide Web Commerce Center integrates all of the crucial technical and business issues you'll need to master to set up a secure Windows NT Web commerce server, prepare content for the site, and support marketing and selling functions. You'll learn how to:
- Formulate an effective Web commerce strategy that anticipates marketplace needs and technological trends
- Choose and set up Web server software packages that can grow with your company and enable either immediate or future online transactions
- Create Web server-based software programs that support secure transactions
- Select and implement appropriate Internet payment schemes
- Configure and customize leading Windows NT commerce servers, including Microsoft's Internet Information Server
- Support and manage your commerce site with usage tools, database connectivity, and customer support discussion groups
- Employ proven Web-site business and technical strategies used at top corporations
Build a World Wide Web Commerce Center is an indispensable working resource for Webmasters and managers in companies of all sizes planning or contemplating Web commerce.
Net.Genesis Corporation is a leading provider of tools for Web site developers and a leading consultant on Internet strategy. Creator of several pioneering Web programs, its clients include CBS, Microsoft, Fox Network, and the New York Times. net.Genesis writes a major technical column in Internet World and is the author of Build a Web Site. net.Genesis is a founding sponsor of the Webmaster's Guild.
Visit our Web site at: http://www.wiley.com/compbooks/
|Product dimensions:||7.48(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.98(d)|
Table of Contents
Partial table of contents:
THE BUSINESS OF WEB COMMERCE.
Getting Down to Business on the World Wide Web.
Why You Can Build Your Own Commerce Server Now.
Beyond Publishing and on to Commerce.
The Business Side of a Web Site.
LAYING THE GROUNDWORK FOR YOUR COMMERCE CENTER.
Web Server Technology Primer.
Under the Hood of Your Web Server PC.
Setting Up NT as Your Web Serving Platform.
Getting Wired to the Net.
BUILDING YOUR WEB COMMERCE SERVER.
Web Server Software Primer.
Test Driving Netscape's Commerce Server.
CONSTRUCTING AND MANAGING CONTACT.
Tracking Your Web Site Activity.
Creating Forms and Integrating Databases.
Customer Support Using Discussion Groups.