Software is transforming the world, but there is still work to be done to ensure quality in the delivery experience itself. IT departments must invest in paying down technical and organizational debts, creating fast feedback loops in close collaboration with stakeholders, and using automation of manual labor. If they don't, these organizations will be unable to recruit and retain the talent required to achieve strategic goals.
Based on author Kristian Bank Erbou's fifteen years of real-life experience with Agile software development, CI/CD, and DevOps, this book provides a technology-agnostic blueprint of building, testing, and deploying a digital delivery to end users. It includes dedicated chapters focusing on security considerations and real-life examples of implementing automation in organizations of all sizes.
After reading this book, you will have a better understanding of:
- What the benefit of automation is from a leader's perspective
- How to get your delivery team started in automating releases
- How you should design into a build pipeline
- Which activities you should consider in a deployment pipeline
- Why variance between environments is bad for you
- How to get better at writing automated tests
- Why you shouldn't just automate everything
Both technical and nontechnical decision makers will learn more about how to build flexibility and increased monitoring capabilities into the delivery experience of digital software assets with respect for both points of view.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Building Better Software|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.39(d)|