Build Your Power Vocabulary will help students, writers, professionals, and anyone else improve their vocabulary. It provides all the necessary tools to expand your knowledge of the English language and speak and write with an enhanced vocabulary. Build Your Power Vocabulary has been updated to include all vocabulary, slang and jargon relevant for 2008.
· Word roots, the history of interesting words, and up-to-date vocabulary
· A thorough pronunciation guide with an extensive list of words that are often mispronounced
· Sections on spelling and on the differences between American and British English
· Information on how to use prefixes and suffixes to dramatically increase your vocabulary
· An invaluable glossary of usage to ensure that you choose the right words and put them in their proper places
· Vocabulary tests and exercises, as well as word puzzles
|Edition description:||Large Print|
|Product dimensions:||5.43(w) x 8.21(h) x 0.81(d)|
About the Author
Anne Dahl teaches German at the Deutsches Haus at New York University. She has worked on dictionaries and other languages material for Knopf and other publishers.
From the Paperback edition.