Building Competence in Classroom Management and Discipline / Edition 4 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
With an emphasis on Ecological theory, while incorporating the principles of Positive Behavior Support, and Problem-Solving/Functional Behavioral Assessment, this book addresses classroom management theory and strategies for three age groups: early childhood, middle school, and secondary school. As in prior editions, the goal of this book is to broaden and deepen future teachers' understanding of the behavioral problems they are likely to encounter, as well as the solutions they are likely to find effective. Current trends in education are thoroughly explored and analyzed; and, research-based strategies are drawn from the full spectrum of management styles: behavioral, cognitive behavioral, social learning, and humanistic. For future teachers of pre, middle, and secondary school students in tomorrow's classrooms.
|Product dimensions:||7.32(w) x 9.05(h) x 0.86(d)|
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO BUILDING COMPETENCE IN CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT AND DISCIPLINE.
1. Competencies in Classroom Management and Discipline: The History and the Promise.
2. Competencies in Classroom Management and Discipline: The First Weeks of School.
II. CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT DOMAIN COMPETENCIES.
3. Competencies in Covenant Management: Collaborative Relationships.
4. Competencies in Conduct Management: Positive Behavior Choices.
5. Competencies in Content Management: Instruction.
III. ECOLOGICAL COMPETENCIES IN CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT AND DISCIPLINE.
6. Competencies in Home—School Collaboration.
7. Competencies in Schoolwide Discipline.
8. Competencies in Communication.
Appendix A: Building a Classroom Management Plan.
Appendix B: Model Solutions to Three Prototypical Classroom Management Problems.