Revised and updated, this highly successful text / workbook presents manageable units of language that the students learn to synthesize into increasingly complex sentences.
|Publisher:||Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference|
Table of Contents1. Building the Sentence Base: Subjects, Verbs, and Complements.
2. Using Pronouns.
3. Using Adjectives and Adverbs.
4. Using Prepositional Phrases.
5. Using the Principal Parts of Verbs.
6. Using the Verb Be.
7. Using the Principal Parts of Irregular Verbs.
8. Understanding Coordination and Subordination.
9. Using Coordination: Compound Elements of a Simple Sentence.
10. Using Coordination: Building Compound Sentences.
11. Using Subordination: Adverb Clauses.
12. Using Subordination: Adjective Clauses.
13. Using Subordination: Participial Phrases and Appositive Phrases.
14. Using Subordination: Noun Clauses and Verbal Phrases as Nouns.
15. Maintaining Continuity: Verbs in Sequence.
16. Maintaining Continuity: Pronoun Reference and Agreement.
17. Avoiding Common Sentence Errors: Fragments, Comma Splices, and Run-on Sentences.
18. Reviewing the Comma.
Appendix A: Using Singular and Plural Nouns.
Appendix B: Using A, An, and The.
Appendix C: Capitalizing Nouns.
Appendix D: Using Possessive Nouns.
Appendix E: Spelling Principal Parts of Verbs.