- CUT all parts to exact shape with the help of our cutting diagrams.
- EPOXY fiberglass tape on the outside of the seams.
- STITCH the hull panels together with metal or plastic wire-ties.
- SNIP OFF the wire ends on the outside and fair.
- GLUE the panels together by spreading epoxy putty over the wires
In just a long weekend or a few evenings, you can realize your boat dreams with the guidance and detailed instructions offered in Building the Uqbar Dinghy. Boatbuilder/designer Redjeb Jordania walks you through the building process with advice on materials, techniques, tricks and traps, and more. Inside you will find:
- Plans and cutting diagrams for all models, including rowing as well as sailing versions
- A captioned Visual Guide that will show you all the steps and illustrates vividly the techniques used in building an Uqbar
- Detailed step-by-step instructions
- First-hand descriptions from boat enthusiasts of their experiences building the dinghy on their own to give you the confidence that you can do it, too
- A glossary of terms related to the building process
- A list of suppliers so you can easily find what you need
If you are a boat enthusiast, a Scout leader looking for an epic project for your troop, or a woodworking hobbyist wanting a new challenge, Building the Uqbar Dinghy gives you all you need to fulfill your boatbuilding dreams.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.60(h) x 0.60(d)|