Building Your Castle is a practical, step-by-step guide for avoiding the in-fighting, heartache, and financially devastating probate litigation that often breaks families apart when a patriarch dies or becomes disabled. By adapting techniques long used by the uber-rich, Christian shows how families of any size can preserve their wealth and their wellbeing.
In the book you’ll learn:
• How to avoid costly, and heartbreaking, disputes in the courtroom and the living room
• How to anticipate and avoid the “Family Power Vacuum”
• How and when to talk to children about family finances
• How to use the legal tools that preserve and transfer wealth
• How to incorporate children and their spouses into a family business
• How to recognize, encourage, and leverage your family members' strengths
• How to set goals as a family and plan for contingencies
Throughout the book, Christian incorporates compelling examples from his own career and personal life, as well as elements from history and philosophy to provide a greater depth of understanding. His quirky, academic, and fun style turn a subject most people find boring and difficult into something approachable, enlightening, and easy to learn.