Uber and Lyft took over the streets in San Francisco, providing a seamless and frictionless experience to get around. Few yellow taxis are left to serve tourists. Amazon shifted its business model from selling books to delivering convenience 24/7 at attractive prices. Driven by the viewing behaviors of their users, Netflixshifted from renting and shipping DVDs to producing original content like “Narcos.”
All of these changes are business model shifts. A shift is a deliberate and systematic move towards more relevance and value for customers. Business Model Shifts is a collection of stories about value creation, sharing inspiration and insights from more than 100 leading business models. The collection of stories is organized in six ways to create new value for customers:
- The Services Shift: the move from product towards services that get the job done for customers
- The Stakeholder Shift: the move from a shareholder orientation towards creating value for all stakeholders
- The Digital Shift: the move from fragmented business operations towards always being connected to customers and their needs
- The Platform Shift: the move from underserved towards directly connecting people to exchange value
- The Exponential Shift: the move from improving 10% towards exponential thinking and 10x growth
- The Circular Shift: the move from take-make-dispose towards restorative, regenerative, and circular value creation
Each of the shifts is presented in a visual way, revealing the essence of value creation. This book triggers you to think and act strategically, shows what you can learn from business models inside and outside your industry, and urges you to apply those learnings to make your own shift. Now is the time! Are you ready to shift your business model towards more relevance and value for your customers?
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.40(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
JUSTIN LOKITZ, Business Designer and Managing Director of BMI's Americas office, is an experienced design strategist, business designer, and technologist and co-author of Design a Better Business.
ROLAND WIJNEN, Business Designer at Business Models Inc., leads the effort to turn business model research into compelling stories that shift mindsets.
MAARTEN VAN LIESHOUT, Creative Director of Business Models Inc., uses his visual and design skills to help companies dive into uncertainty, explore new strategic futures, and scale their ideas.