Business Statistics: Contemporary Decision Making / Edition 4 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
Instructors, looking for a better way to manage homework? Want to save time preparing for lectures? Would you like to help students develop stronger problem-solving skills? If so, eGrade Plus has the answers you need. eGrade Plus offers an integrated suite of teaching and learning resources, including an online version of Black's Business Statistics for Contemporary Decision Making, Fourth Edition Update, in one easy-to-use Web site. Organized around the essential activities you perform in class, eGrade Plus helps you:
- Create class presentation using a wealth of Wiley-provided resources. you may easily adapt, customize, and add to his content to meet the needs of your course.
- Automate the assigning and grading of homework or quizzes by using Wiley-provided question banks, or by writing your won. Student results will be automatically graded and recorded in your gradebook.
- Track your students' progress. An instructor's gradebook allows you to an analyze individual and overall class results to determine each student's progress and level of understanding.
- Administer your course. eGrade Plus can easily be integrated with another course management system, gradebook, or other resources you are using in your class.
- Provide students with problem-solving support. eGrade Plus can link homework problems to the relevant section of the online text, providing context-sensitive help.
- Best of all, instructors can arrange to have eGrade Plus packaged FREE with new copies of Business Statistics for Contemporary Decision Making, Fourth Edition Update, All instructors have to do is adopt the eGrade Plus version of this book and activate their eGrade Plus course.
|Edition description:||4th Edition Update|
|Product dimensions:||8.82(w) x 11.08(h) x 1.22(d)|
About the Author
Ken Black is currently Professor of Decision Sciences in the School of Business and Public Administration at the University of Houston - Clear Lake. Born in Cambridge, Massachusettes and raised in Missouri, he earned a Bachelor's degree in mathematics from Graceland College, a Master's degree in math education from the University of Texas at El Paso, a Ph.D. in business administration in management science, and a Ph.D. in educational research from the University of North Texas. Since joining the faculty in 1979, Professor Black has taught all levels of statistics courses, forecasting, management science, market research, and production/operations management. He has published fifteen journal articles and over twenty professional papers as well as two textbooks, Business Statistics: An Introductory Course and Business Statistics: Contemporary Decision Making. He has consulted with many different companies including Aetna, City of Houston, NYLCare, AT&T, Johnson Space Center, Southwest Information Resources, Connect Corporation, and Eagle Engineering. Ken Black and his wife Carolyn have two daughters: Caycee and Wendi. His hobbies include playing the guitar, reading, coaching girls' softball, and participating in Master's track and field as a long jumper and a triple jumper.
Table of Contents
About the Author.
1. Introduction to Statistics.
2. Charts and Graphs.
3. Descriptive Statistics.
5. Discrete Distributions.
6. Continuous Distributions.
7. Sampling and Sampling Distributions.
8. Statistical Inference: Estimation for Single Populations.
9. Statistical Inference: Hypothesis Testing for Single Populations.
10. Statistical Inferences about Two Populations.
11. Analysis of Variance and Design of Experiments.
12. Analysis of Categorical Data.
13. Simple Regression Analysis.
14. Multiple Regression Analysis.
15. Building Multiple Regression Models.
16. Time-Series Forecasting and Index Numbers.
17. Nonparametric Statistics.
18. Statistical Quality Control.
19. Decision Analysis.
Appendix A: Tables.
Appendix B: Answers to Selected Odd-Numbered Quantitative Problems