- Rock in the warm, calm waters of the Arabian Sea
- Rent a beach cottage and dance all night under a tropical moon
- Lose yourself in the High Renaissance splendour of Old Goa
- Trek through upland forests teeming with wildlife and birds
- Gorge on fresh seafood washed down with a strong feni liqueur
Cadogan's comprehensive guide explores India's lovely southwest coastal region, an increasingly accessible but still idyllic destination for both independent and package travellers - whether you want to retreat to an unspoilt Keralan cove or rave all night on a Goan beach. The author discovers the best beaches (of course) and hidden Hindu temples, samples the rich local cuisine, explores the magnificent Portuguese cathedrals and basilicas of Old Goa, and ventures into the forested mountains where you can see bison and leopard. There's practical information on getting around, and on where to stay and eating out - from beach-shack bars to five-star resorts.
250 places to eat and stay - colour maps