Calculus Early Transcendentals Full Study Skills Version Set, 7th Edition Update with CD / Edition 7 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
- Historical Notes: The biographies and historical notes have been a hallmark of this text from its first edition and have been maintained in this edition. All of the biographical materials have been distilled from standard sources with the goal of capturing the personalities of the great mathematicians and bringing them to life for the student.
- Mathematical Level: The book is written at a mathematical level that is suitable for students planning on careers in engineering or science.
- Expository Excellence: Clear explanations build student confidence and provide flexibility for the instructor to use class time for problem solving, applications and explanation of difficult concepts.
- Flexible Use of Technology: Instructors are free to choose the level of technology that they want to use in class. Graphing calculator and CAS technology are included in a flexible way that allows students who have those tools to use them, but which does not preclude the text from used by students that do not. Instructors can also use eGrade for Calculus as extra tutorial opportunity, assigning homework, or for secure testing.
- Strength in Problem Sets: There is quite a bit of variety in all of the problem sets: more problems requiring technology, more problems with an applied flavor, and more open-ended problems in which the student is asked to explain, interpret, justify, or conjecture. The exercises and examples are meaningful to today's students and convey the role of calculus in the real world.
|Publisher:||Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated|
|Edition description:||Study Skills Package|
|Product dimensions:||8.96(w) x 10.28(h) x 4.27(d)|
Table of Contents1. Functions.
2. Limits and Continuity.
3. The Derivative.
4. Exponential, Logarithmic, and Inverse Functions.
5. Analysis of Functions and Graphs and Other Applications of the Derivative.
7. Applications of the Definite Integral in Geometry, Science, and Engineering.
8. Principles of Integral Evaluation.
9. Mathematical Modeling with Differential Equations.
10. Infinite Series.
11. Analytic Geometry in Calculus.
12. Three-Dimensional Space; Vectors.
13. Vector-Valued Functions.
14. Partial Derivatives.
15. Multiple Integrals.
16. Topics in Vector Calculus.
Brief Version only contains Chapters 1-11.
Multivariable Calculus only contains Chapters 12-16, plus section 1.8, Ch 9 and Ch 11 as appendices.