Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Key Benefit: Campbell Essential Biology with Physiology, Third Edition provides essential, effective solutions to the challenges faced by instructors and their students in the non-majors biology course.
- Three features (Biology and Society, Process of Science, and Evolution Connections) found at the beginning, middle and end of every chapter give students a memorable framework to take with them into the future.
- One compelling topic anchors the three book features in each chapter to emphasize how biology is highly relevant.
- The book and the media are designed from the ground up to teach biology to a wide range of students.
- asteringBiology, our online tutorial and assessment system, makes it easy to increase student participation and accountability.
Campbell Essential Biology... Essential Solutions
Key Topics: Introduction: Biology Today, Essential Chemistry for Biology, The Molecules of Life, A Tour of the Cell, The Working Cell, Cellular Respiration: Obtaining Energy from Food, Photosynthesis: Using Light to Make Food, Cellular Reproduction: Cells from Cells, Patterns of Inheritance, The Structure and Function of DNA, How Genes are Controlled, DNA Technology, How Populations Evolve, How Biological Diversity Evolves, The Evolution of Microbial Life, Plants, Fungi, and the Move onto Land, The Evolution of Animals, An Introduction to Ecology and the Biosphere, Population Ecology, Communities and Ecosystems, Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function, Nutrition and Digestion, Circulation and Respiration, The Body’s Defenses, Hormones, Reproduction and Development, Nervous, Sensory, and Motor Systems, The Life of a Flowering Plant, The Working Plant
Market Description: Intended for those interested in learning the essentials of biology
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.50(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Biology Today
2. Essential Chemistry for Biology
3. The Molecules of Life
4. A Tour of the Cell
5. The Working Cell
6. Cellular Respiration: Obtaining Energy from Food
7. Photosynthesis: Using Light to Make Food
8. Cellular Reproduction: Cells from Cells
9. Patterns of Inheritance
10. The Structure and Function of DNA
11. How Genes are Controlled
12. DNA Technology
III. EVOLUTION AND DIVERSITY
13. How Populations Evolve
14. How Biological Diversity Evolves
15. The Evolution of Microbial Life
16. Plants, Fungi, and the Move onto Land
17. The Evolution of Animals
18. An Introduction to Ecology and the Biosphere
19. Population Ecology
20. Communities and Ecosystems
V. ANIMAL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION
21. Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function
22. Nutrition and Digestion
23. Circulation and Respiration
24. The Body’s Defenses
26. Reproduction and Development
27. Nervous, Sensory, and Motor Systems
VI. PLANT STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION
28. The Life of a Flowering Plant
29. The Working Plant