Cancer Treatment / Edition 4 available in Hardcover
This thoroughly updated, New Edition of Dr. Haskell's highly acclaimed resource delivers in-depth guidance on the etiology, epidemiology, biology, and treatment of specific cancers. New coverage explores the latest information on breast cancer, gene therapy, soft tissue sarcomas and bone tumors, hematologic growth factors, patient support, and much more.
• Essential principles of chemotherapy, surgery, radiation therapy, and immunotherapy Examines the effects of cancer on pregnancy and of pregnancy on cancer
• Summarises treatment results in abundant tables 67 new authors
• New chapters include Principles of Cancer Prevention Cancer and Pregnancy Clinical Trial Design and Interpretation of Data Gene Therapy for Cancer Natural History and Pre-treatment Evaluation of non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas Latest knowledge on haematologic growth factors
• updated section on patient support Thoroughly revised section on breast cancer, including new information on genetic predisposing factors and sentinal lymph node biopsies
• Updated discussion of soft tissue sarcomas and bone tumours Outlines the new WHO reclassification of lymphomas and leukaemias
• Features fresh insights from 67 new authors. Includes new chapters on Principles of Cancer Prevention Cancer and Pregnancy Clinical Trial Design and Interpretation of Data Gene Therapy for Cancer Natural History and Pretreatment Evaluation of non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas and much more.
• Explores the latest knowledge on hematologic growth factors in an updated section on patient support. Provides a thoroughly revised section on breast cancer, including new information on genetic predisposing factors and sentinal lymph node biopsies.
• Contains an updated discussion of soft tissue sarcomas and bone tumors. Presents antineoplastic drugs in a new, alphabetical format for quick reference.
• Outlines the new WHO reclassification of lymphomas and leukemias.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.66(w) x 11.02(h) x (d)|
Table of Contents
PART 1: PRINCIPLES OF CANCER TREATMENT
PART 2: DRUG THERAPY
PART 3: HEMATOLOGIC CONSIDERATIONS IN CANCER TREATMENT
PART 4: SUPPORTIVE CARE AND SELECTED MANAGEMENT ISSUES
PART 5: CANCER IN SPECIAL POPULATIONS
PART 6: INVESTIGATIONAL THERAPY
PART 7: CLINICAL PRACTICE ISSUES
PART 8: BREAST CANCER
PART 9: NEOPLASMS OF THE LUNG, PLEURA, AND MEDIASTINUM
PART 10: NEOPLASMS OF THE GASTROINTESINAL SYSTEM
PART 11: GENITOURINARY NEOPLASMS
PART 12: GYNECOLOGIC NEOPLASMS
PART 13: HEAD AND NECK CANCER
PART 14: ENDOCRINE AND NEUROENDOCRINE NEOPLASMS
PART 15: PRIMARY NEOPLASMS OF THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
PART 16: MELANOMA AND SKIN CANCER
PART 17: PEDIATRIC NEOPLASMS
PART 18: SARCOMAS
PART 19: MYELOID NEOPLASMS
PART 20: LYMPHOID NEOPLASMS
PART 21: NEOPLASMS RELATED TO THE ACQUIRED IMMUNODEFICIENCY SYNDROME (AIDS)
PART 22: MANAGEMENT OF METASTATIC CANCER