"Do I capitalize north or not? When should church be capitalized and when should it be lowercased? What about earth? Or master's degree?"
If you often find yourself asking such questions while proofreading your manuscript or someone else's, you'll find the answers right here.
Kathy Ide's Capitalization Dictionary is an alphabetical list of words that writers and editors often wonder about when it comes to capitalization rules.
Different reference books sometimes have different guidelines, so the Capitalization Dictionary identifies whether a word is capitalized or lowercased according to these industry-standard reference books:
- The Chicago Manual of Style
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
- The Associated Press Stylebook
- Webster's New World College Dictionary
- The Christian Writer's Manual of Style
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.15(d)|
About the Author