- Discusses all cerebrovascular diseases to help you differentiate among all types of stroke so you can treat each patient appropriately.
- Takes a distinctly personal and individual approach to general principles, pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation, offering practical, clinical guidance on stroke and stroke related issues.
- Provides detailed discussions on stroke syndromes in children and adults, including large artery occlusive disease of the anterior circulation, brain embolism, spinal cord stroke, and many, many more, to help you better manage every condition you see.
- Uses case studies to highlight and emphasize clinical points.
- Includes expanded coverage of imaging and laboratory diagnosis and treatment to help you make better informed evaluation and management decisions.
- Presents meticulous revisions and updates throughout, particularly to the chapters on stroke prevention and rehabilitation to keep you current on today’s best practices.
- Features a new two-color design with updated artwork and more images that elucidates key points and enhances visual guidance.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||26 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
Table of Contents
I General Principles 1
1 Introduction and Perspective 3
2 Basic Pathology, Anatomy, and Pathophysiology of Stroke 22
3 Diagnosis and the Clinical Encounter 64
4 Imaging and Laboratory Diagnosis 87
5 Treatment 146
II Stroke Syndromes 219
6 Large Artery Occlusive Disease of the Anterior Circulation 221
7 Large Vessel Occlusive Disease of the Posterior Circulation 258
8 Penetrating and Branch Artery Disease 291
9 Brain Embolism 316
10 Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy, Cardiac Arrests, and Cardiac Encephalopathy 375
11 Nonatherosclerotic Vasculopathies 389
12 Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Aneurysms, and Vascular Malformations 446
13 Intracerebral Hemorrhage 487
14 Stroke in Children and Young Adults 523
15 Spinal Cord Vascular Disease 543
16 Cerebral Venous Thrombosis 554
III Prevention, Complications, And Recovery-Rehabilitation 579
17 Stroke Prevention 581
18 Complications in Stroke Patients 605
19 Recovery and Rehabilitation 621