This item is not eligible for coupon offers.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
An essential resource for anesthesiologists new to the cardiac operating room
Cardiac Anesthesia and Transesophageal Echocardiography, Second Edition is a fast and effective way for anesthesia trainees to acquire the skills necessary to successfully navigate the cardiac operating room. Clinically focused, this unique guide imparts the basic principles of both cardiac anesthesia and echocardiography in a way that reflects the realities of real-world practice.
Whether you are looking for a concise, easy-to-read introduction to cardiac anesthesiology or a primer on incorporating the basic principles of cardiac anesthesiology and perioperative echocardiography into real-world practice, Cardiac Anesthesia and Transesophageal Echocardiography is the trusted one-stop guide to mastery of these two critical topics.
This edition includes online access to nearly 100 narrated, labeled TEE clips that illustrate normal and abnormal echocardiographic views. Each clip is keyed to a specific passage in the text, which provides the reader with a true multimedia learning experience.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author
Alina Nicoara, MD is Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University.
John Wasnick, MD Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology, Texas Tech University Medical Center.
Table of ContentsPreface
List of Contributors
Introduction to Perioperative Echocardiography
1. Preoperative Evaluation of the Heart Surgery Patient
2. Hemodynamics and Cardiac Anesthesia
3. Perioperative Rhythm Abnormalities
4. Routine Cardiac Surgery and Anesthesia
5. The Complicated Patient for Cardiac Anesthesia and Surgery
6. Aortic Valve Disease
7. Mitral Valve Disease
8. Right Heart Valves and Function
9. Anesthesia for Repair of Diseases of Thoracic Aorta
10. Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy and Cardiac Masses
11. Ventricular Assist Devices and Heart Transplantation
12. Anesthesia for Patients with Congenital Heart Disease
13. Off-Pump, Robotic, and Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
14. The Postoperative Care of the Cardiac Surgery Patient
15. Anesthesia in the Electrophysiology and Catheterization Laboratories
16. Coagulopathy, Bleeding, and Cardiac Anesthesia Emergencies
17. Cardiopulmonary Bypass
18. Postoperative Analgesia for Cardiac Surgery