Cardiovascular Pathology / Edition 3 available in Hardcover
Here's the revised, updated edition of this comprehensive text on the pathology of the cardiovascular system in a single volume. This new edition is generously illustrated, and emphasizes recent advances in molecular pathology and the most relevant clinicopathologic correlations. This text is an invaluable resource for comprehensive, yet concise information on the clinical effects of diseases and their pathologic mechanisms. Additional sources have contributed to this edition.
• Details the anatomy, structure, and examination of the heart and vascular system with guidelines for histologic and other examinations. Offers a comprehensive review of cardiovascular diseases in adults that includes discussions of congenital lesions.
• Examines the clinical effects of diseases and their basic pathologic mechanisms. Details the pathological findings in sudden death, heart/brain interactions, the effects of systemic diseases, tumors, and the applications of molecular diagnostics.
• Presents the findings and/or pathology related to a full range of diagnostic, surgical, and interventional proceduresincluding stents, prosthetic valves, and vascular grafts.
• Explores the geographic differences in the incidence and behaviour of diseases. Includes a fully updated bibliography of the latest journal reviews and original reports emphasizing new data plus areas of controversy.
• Emphasis on Molecular Biology Streamlined into one volume
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 11.30(h) x 1.50(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Gotlieb’s research interests include atherosclerosis and valvular heart disease. He has published over 100 peer reviewed papers, and 35 reviews and book chapters. He has edited three books, including the comprehensive textbook, Cardiovascular Pathology. He is a former President of the American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP) and past President of the Canadian Society of Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology (CSATVB) and the Society for Cardiovascular Pathology (SCVP). He was a member of the Board of the Federation of American Societies of Experimental Biology (FASEB) and served as FASEB Vice-President for Science Policy. He is an elected Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences and a Senior Fellow of the Association of Pathobiology Chairs (APC). He was honoured by SCVP with the Distinguished Achievement Award and by APC with their Distinguished Service Award.
Table of Contents
Gross Examination of Surgical Pathology Specimens and the Cardiovascular System at Autopsy
Histology and Ultrastructure of the Heart, Arteries, Veins, and Capillaries
Age-related Cardiovascular Changes
Atherosclerosis, Pathogenesis, Lesions, Complications in All Vascular Beds
Non Atherosclerotic Diseases of the Aorta, Peripheral Arteries and Large Veins
Diseases of Small and Medium Arteries, Capillaries and Veins Including Vasculitudes and Hypertensive Changes
Diseases of the Pulmonary Circulation
Myocardial Cell Death Including Ischemic Disease and Its Complications
Cardiovascular Causes of Sudden Death
Valvular Heart DiseasesStenosis
Valvular Heart DiseasesIncompetence
Interactions Between Heart and Brain
Cardiovascular Effects of Systemic Diseases
Pathology of the Conducting System
Drugs and the Cardiovascular System
Tumor-Like Conditions and Tumors of Cardiovascular System
Pathology of Mechanical and Tissue Heart Valves
Pathology of AC Bypass Grafts, Conduits and Miscellaneous Devices
Pathology of Cardiac Transplantation
Molecular Biology of the Cardiovascular System