Part of Mosby's successful monograph series, CARDIOVASCULAR PHYSIOLOGY presents fundamental concepts clearly and concisely. Students gain a solid understanding on how the cardiovascular system functions in both health and disease. Throughout, excellent illustrations and consistent pedagogical features focus student learning. In addition, the clinical commentaries help students apply what they've learned to real-life clinical situations.
• Gives students a solid understanding on how the system functions in both health and disease.
• Includes throughout, excellent illustrations and consistent pedagogical features tht focus student learning.
• Provides clinical commentaries to help students apply what they've learned to real-life clinical situations.
• Clear, accurate and up-to-the-minute coverage of the physiology of the renal system focusing on the needs of the student.
• Pathophysiology content throughout that serves as a bridge between normal function and disease.
• Integrated student-friendly tools, including learning objectives, overview boxes, key words and concepts, chapter summaries, self-study problems, clinical cases with questions and explained answers, clinical boxes and molecular boxes.
• Access to Student Consult®!
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.53(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.54(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
Table of Contents
The Circuitry Electrical Activity of the Heart The Cardiac Pump Regulation of the Heartbeat Hemodynamics The Arterial System The Microcirculation and Lymphatics The Peripheral Circulation and Its Control Control of Cardiac Output: Coupling of Heart and Blood Vessels Coronary Circulation Special Circulations Interplay of Central and Peripheral Factors in the Control of the Circulation Appendix A Answers to Self-Study Problems Appendix B Review Examination