Two books in one! CARING ANIMALS AND ANIMAL RESCUERS tells the true stories of truly unique animals that are especially valuable to humankind.
CARING ANIMALS tells the stories of:
• Endal, the super dog who helps his wheelchair-bound owner take care of household chores
• Cuddles, the sneaker-wearing miniature horse that guides his blind master throughout the day
• Gizmo, the monkey who acts as the hands and feet for his paralyzed owner
• Duke, the dolphin that helps provide physical therapy for a little girl who can't easily move any part of her body
ANIMAL RESCUERS tells the tale of four miraculous pets:
• Ginny, the dog that rescues lost, handicapped cats
• Scarlett, the brave cat that rescued her kittens from a burning building
• LuLu, the pot-bellied pig that managed to contact the police during her owner's heart attack
• Salty, the courageous dog that risked his own life to lead his blind owner down the stairs of the World Trade Center on September 11
Fully illustrated with color photography of the amazing creatures.
|Publisher:||Scholastic Library Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 8.98(h) x 0.24(d)|
|Age Range:||4 - 8 Years|