Imagine a Spanish colonial city and the following scene will spring to mind: peach-colored cathedrals surrounded by rustic terraces with wrought-iron balconies and, in the distance, a stone-wall fortress with sturdy canons facing out to sea. Welcome to Cartagena - one of the oldest colonial cities in the Americas, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and, given its location on the Caribbean Sea, a popular beach resort. Footprintfocus Cartagena and Caribbean Coast will guide you along the Caribbean coastline from elegant colonial cities to snowcapped mountains, pristine beaches and pure wilderness.
· Featuring advice on how to visit the lost city Ciudad Perdida
· Up-to-date recommendations of great places to stay and eat
· Go diving, trek through the jungle, or enjoy a yacht ride in the Caribbean sea
· Highlights map of the region plus detailed street maps where relevant
· Includes information on Barranquilla, home to South America’s second biggest carnival
· Slim enough to fit in your pocket
Packed with thoroughly researched information, Footprintfocus Cartagena and Caribbean Coast is full of meticulously researched information and advice on traveling around a region which is home to one of South America’s oldest colonial cities and most popular beach resorts.
The content of Footprintfocus Cartagena and north coast of Colombia guide has been extracted from Footprint’s Colombia Handbook.
|Series:||Footprint Focus Series|
|Product dimensions:||4.68(w) x 6.86(h) x 0.33(d)|
About the Author
Anna Maria Espsater, originally from Sweden, first moved to Mexico at 20, enjoying the culture shock, spicy food and sunny weather. She works as a freelance travel and food writer, chasing the ambition of visiting every country in the world. With 82 visited to date she has a way to go yet, but remains undaunted despite surviving tropical disease, earthquakes, assault and armed robbery on the road.