Cascade College was founded in Portland, Oregon in 1918, under the name North Pacific Evangelistic Institute, for the purpose of training lay persons to advance evangelism in their community. It began as a Bible School, but in 1933 converted to a full 4 year college college curriculum. Its group of initiators were mainly members of the Society of Friends (Quakers), but were interdenominational in appeal. It attained a steady enrollment of over 300 students, but after five decades of service, and under financial strain, the college closed its doors in 1969. Its library materials, records and current students were transferred to Seattle Pacific University. Its Portland campus is now the north Portland branch of Portland Community College.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.33(d)|