"Catalysts, Explorers & Secret Keepers: Women of Science Fiction" is a take-home museum exhibit celebrating women who, as both writers and characters, set new horizons for the science fiction genre. This anthology features stories about protagonists with agency who save lives, explore strange new worlds, prove their mettle, and voyage toward self-discovery. Curated by Museum of Science Fiction staff under the direction of lead editor Monica Louzon, this take-home exhibit is meant to be savored and shared.
Featuring cover art by Hugo award-winning artist Julie Dillon and the following works:
Eleanor Arnason - "A Ceremony of Discontent"
Catherine Asaro - "Walk in Silence"
Monica Byrne - "Free Fall"
Betsy Curtis - "A Peculiar People"
Kiini Ibura Salaam - "Battle Royale"
N. K. Jemisin - "The Trojan Girl"
Floris M. Kleijne - "Midnight on the the Space Station Alcatraz"
Nancy Kress - "My Mother, Dancing"
Naomi Kritzer - "Cleanout"
AJ Lee - "Being Kitty"
Karen Lord - "A New Panama"
Pat Murphy - "Fix-It Shop"
Seanan McGuire - "What We Knew Then, Before the Sky Fell Down"
Sarah Pinsker - "Remember This For Me"
Anthea Sharp - "Ice in D Minor"
Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam - "The Greatest Discovery of Dr. Madeline Lightfoot"
Carrie Vaughn - "For Fear of Dragons"
Jane Yolen - "Juno in July", "Not So Great A Divide" & "The Physics of a Dying Star"
Sarah Zettel - "Fool's Errand"
|Publisher:||Museum of Science Fiction|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
"Introduction" by Monica Louzon.
- "The Physics of a Dying Star" by Jane Yolen.
- "Ice in D Minor" by Anthea Sharp.
- "What We Knew Then, Before the Sky Fell Down" by Seanan McGuire.
- "Battle Royale" by Kiini Ibura Salaam.
- "A Ceremony of Discontent" by Eleanor Arnason.
- "Fix-It Shop" by Pat Murphy.
- "Juno in July" by Jane Yolen.
- "Free Fall" by Monica Byrne.
- "A Peculiar People" by Betsy Curtis.
- "My Mother, Dancing" by Nancy Kress.
- "A New Panama" by Karen Lord.
- "The Trojan Girl" by N. K. Jemisin.
- "The Greatest Discovery of Dr. Madeline Lightfoot" by Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam.
- "Not So Great A Divide" by Jane Yolen.
- "For Fear of Dragons" by Carrie Vaughn.
- "Cleanout" by Naomi Kritzer.
- "Walk in Silence" by Catherine Asaro.
- "Being Kitty" by AJ Lee.
- "Midnight on the Space Station Alcatraz" by Floris M. Kleijne.
- "Fool's Errand" by Sarah Zettel.
- "Remeber This For Me" by Sarah Pinsker.
About the Contributors