Catholics Go By the Bible highlights the four key theological issues that tend to divide Catholics and Protestants and provides key Bible verses that support the Catholic positions. This book will surprise Catholics as well as Protestants and offer both groups data for discussion. It provides a great resource for candidates in the Catholic Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). It answers questions like:
- why isn’t faith alone sufficient?
- why isn’t the Bible alone sufficient?
- why do Catholics have more Bible books than Protestants?
- where do Catholics get the “Hail Mary”?
- where do Catholics get so many sacraments?
- where do Catholics get purgatory from?
- where do Catholics get the pope from?
- which Bible is the real Bible?
- and many more.
“Incredibly clear explanation of the Biblical background for many teachings of the Catholic Church. As a convert to Catholicism, this book answered many questions regarding differences in the Protestant view vs. the Catholic view on several points. I especially liked Section 2, ‘Faith and works ( as opposed to Faith alone)’ and Section 4, ‘Scripture and Tradition (as opposed to the Bible alone).’ If I could have read this book early in my formation, my struggle for answers would have been easier. Thank you, Deacon Gene for your awesome work.”
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||234 KB|