Hands-on preparation for the CCIE Security lab exam
- Prepare for the CCIE Security lab exam with comprehensive practice lab scenarios designed to test your readiness to take the actual exam
- Enhance your network security deployment skills by examining the wealth of case studies and lessons in each chapter
- Understand the security capabilities of Cisco IOS Software and Catalyst 3550 switches, VLANs, and IP addressing
- Configure ATM, Frame Relay, and ISDN connectivity
- Evaluate the common security problems associated with IP routing, including coverage of RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP routing protocols
- Examine security practices for Cisco devices that can be utilized to increase security on the network, including access lists, IP services, and Cisco IOS Software and CatOS security
- Learn how to implement AAA, basic and advanced VPNs, and VPDNs
- Discover effective deployment techniques for the Cisco PIX and IOS Firewalls
- Learn the steps necessary to deploy IDS on the PIX Firewall and Cisco IOS Software
CCIE Practical Studies: Security leads you through the requirements of the CCIE Security one-day lab exam by providing practical lab exercises designed to model complex security solutions. These lab scenarios help you to master the broad scope of technologies needed to succeed on the CCIE Security lab exam and provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge that you can apply to your everyday job as a network security expert.
Serving the dual role of expert-level network security reference and CCIE Security lab exam preparation tool, CCIE Practical Studies: Security begins witha review of routing and switching fundamentals and builds upon this foundation with more advanced requirements of modern network security technology. Each chapter contains technology overviews coupled with mini-lab scenarios that demonstrate practical application of the technology. The book concludes with a final chapter containing complete lab scenarios that integrate the concepts and technologies covered in all the earlier chapters. These comprehensive labs mimic the types of scenarios candidates face on the actual one-day lab exam.
CCIE Practical Studies: Security is part of a recommended study program from Cisco Systems that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
"Working through lab activities and practice with show commands and debugs will better prepare the exam candidate to implement and troubleshoot solutions efficiently and successfully."
-Kathe Saccenti, co-developer of the CCIE Security exam, Cisco Systems, Inc.
CD-ROM contains the solutions to the 8 complete lab scenarios in the book.
This book is part of the Cisco Press Practical Studies Series, which offers readers a means to apply theoretical knowledge through hands-on lab scenarios. This unique approach enables readers to practice and hone their internetworking skills while preparing for Cisco certification exams.
About the Author
Dmitry Bokotey, CCIE No. 4460, holds three CCIE certifications in the fields of Routing and Switching, ISP Dial, and Security. He is a Network Consulting Engineer with US Advanced Services IP/MPLS Central Engineering department at Cisco Systems, Inc.
Andrew G. Mason, CCIE No. 7144, CCDP, CSS-1, is the technical director of Boxing Orange (boxingorange.com), a UK-based Cisco Security and VPN partner specializing in the design and implementation of Cisco security solutions.
Raymond Morrow, CCIE No. 4146, CSS-1, is a principal consultant with Computer Solutions, a San Antonio, Texas-based Cisco Silver Partner with Security and VPN partner specialization.